Friday, February 21, 2014

Uniform of the Day: Teaching Weekend, Williamsburg.

I'm off for a two-day teaching weekend at the College of William & Mary. It's my second trip down to Billsburg to teach and there is a welcome break in the weather with predicted temps of 65F both Saturday and Sunday. So packing will be easier. And, I'll be driving the convertible.



Travel shoes will certainly be Top-Siders, but I'll likely wear the Allen Edmonds Black Hills oxfords in class -- they offer some welcome support that the Sperry's don't since I'll be standing on poured concrete floors for seven or eight hours a day. Classes are casual, so jeans, cords and OCBDs are in order. I'll carry a crew neck sweater, a cotton sweatshirt, and a Harrington jacket in case it's cool at night. Given the line of thunderstorms that are predicted to roll across the entire eastern part of the U.S. this afternoon, I'll have an umbrella to hand. And, of course, I'll pack a J. Press Harris Tweed blazer; well, just because. I'll likely wear the Submariner 5513, but the 1950 Waltham A-17 will be in the bag, too.